Long-distance cycling was never a dream. In fact, there was never even the germ of a thought about getting on a bicycle to cross the continent. Death - my husband's - put these wheels in motion. Ten years after Holly and I cycled from the Pacific to the Atlantic, we continue to share incredible adventures, visiting the world from the seat of a bicycle. Welcome aboard The Underground Railroad. It's going to be an interesting journey. Judi a/k/a TheWanderingJu

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

"Round On The Ends & High In the Middle" ~ That's Ohio"

Somehow, my bicycle ended up back in Ohio at the DHL sorting center, departing just past midnight this morning. Hopefully, she is on a plane and headed DIRECTLY to Mobile. As for me, this is my last day to pull my act together. No more excuses, no more "I'll do that tomorrow" (for tomorrow we fly), no more procrastinating. This is it, P-day (that's "P" for "packing"). Will write a note when Elisabeth gets to her final DHL destination - Cadence 120 Bicycle Works. Until then it's back to work for me. I am feeling strong and ready - as is Holly. And, considering we never have more than a 10-mile ride in front of us at one time, we are confident. See ya! :-]

No comments:

Underground Railroad Passengers ~ All Aboard