Long-distance cycling was never a dream. In fact, there was never even the germ of a thought about getting on a bicycle to cross the continent. Death - my husband's - put these wheels in motion. Ten years after Holly and I cycled from the Pacific to the Atlantic, we continue to share incredible adventures, visiting the world from the seat of a bicycle. Welcome aboard The Underground Railroad. It's going to be an interesting journey. Judi a/k/a TheWanderingJu

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Happy 90th Daddy!!!

Left to Right ~ Alan Deutsch, Harold Deutsch, Richard Deutsch
on the family farm in Ohio.

Today is my Dad's 90th birthday. We celebrated early because Janet, his wife of nearly 25-years, has four children, numerous grandchildren and two great-granchildren, many of whom live in distant states. However, every year they all come to South Florida for spring break, generally having one day when they are all in town. My Dad's party was planned to coordinate with that one day ~ and thankfully it was not a mid-week day.

So, today's the day that Richard Deutsch, the remaining child of Morris and Gertrude Deutsch, is 90. His parents and most of his siblings reached well into their 90s, and I hope to surpass all of them, reaching 104 (and still riding my bicycle). My wish for all of you reading this ~ long and healthy years.

Happy Birthday, Daddy. I love you.

Your baby girl, Judi a/k/a TheWanderingJu

No comments:

Underground Railroad Passengers ~ All Aboard